Friday 15 March 2013

Evaluation Q1 Summary


In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?

I have used the same font for all of the title text and the same font for all of the smaller text, such as the cover lines on the front cover and the contents lines on the contents page. I have also kept a strong colour scheme throughout my product using the colours red, black and white. The page numbers listed on my contents page for the double page spread feature – it is listed as pages 5 – 8 and I have written the article for the first two pages, so the DPS has pages 5 – 6 on it. I have kept the same artist throughout the magazine, and he is the main feature of this particular issue. I have used one extra artist to show that the magazine isn't purely about him only, as well as mentioning many other articles on the contents page. The layout of my products matches conventions with the masthead, bar code, plug and cover lines on the front cover, the “boxy” style of the contents page, letter from the editor and columns of articles that feature in the magazine, and the pull quotes, stand first and a direct address image of the artist in the DPS.

However, I have not followed conventions with my DPS as I don’t have one main image to that artist that connects with the audience on a personal level. I tried that, and I didn't feel as though it really worked for me, so I went for a more “pop-art” style with a sequence of images instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment