Friday 15 March 2013

Evaluation Q4

Who would be the audience for your media product?

My chosen audience covers quite a large range of the scale. I targeted my magazine at people who fit into the A – C1 groups of the socio-economic groups, and will be predominantly male, but there are many females who enjoy jazz as well. I also targeted it at both the older and younger generations. I included young and new artists for the younger age groups, and articles about the history of jazz that may appeal more to the older generations. There are also articles that cover both of these age ranges, such as instrument reviews and the latest music. Looking at Maslow's hierarchy of needs, I targeted my audience at people between the safety and esteem groups as taking inspiration from what you read and trying out jazz for yourself is what I want people in my target audience to do. I think that my target audience would fit into the safety group as jazz brings people together, so they would be able to make friends and maybe even create a band. People reading my magazine may already play in bands or go to concerts regularly, which means that they belong to a social group. The esteem group fits in with going to concerts and appreciating the music and the musicians who make it, so they are admiring and respecting them. They may also gain some self-esteem if they are the musicians and people admire and respect them.

No comments:

Post a Comment