Thursday 17 January 2013

Contents Page First Draft


This is the first draft I have made for my contents page. I know that it still needs quite a bit of work, but I have made it mainly to just get a feel for the layout and where all the text will go etc.

There are some good things to it, however, such as a recurring theme with the front cover and a conventional "block" appearance, but here are the things I want to improve for my next draft:
  • Remove the "contents" title as the main title outlines the fact that this is the contents page.
  • Add page numbers to the "Features" and "Regulars" columns so the reader knows where to find the articles.
  • Edit the title texts to match the front cover more, e.g. add gradient overlay and stroke effects to them.
  • Maybe keep all larger text boxes in the red colour and have smaller ones as black, or equally no text boxes sometimes (just an outline, perhaps).
  • Make more connections to the front cover using the theme from it and perhaps a small image of the front cover linking to the different articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment