Thursday 7 February 2013

Double Page Spread First Draft


This is the first draft for my double page spread. I have placed a big image of my artist that takes up almost all of the left-hand side to show his importance and make him the focus of the page. I have large text that is the same colour as the text on my front cover and contents pages to keep a strong theme going through my magazine. As the article is continued on the next two pages, I have placed an arrow leading the reader to the rest of the feature. I have used pull quotes from the article to highlight the main features of the text.

Improvements:
  • Possibly removing the "Danny Barley" text from under the picture as it conflicts with the title of the article "Who Is This Man?" by already telling readers who he is.
  • Try a stronger shade of red because the text looks too weak and doesn't stand out much.
  • Make the image take up more of the left-hand side page.
  • Make the different quotes and things stand out and grab the attention of the reader more.
  • Move the stand first to the side instead of the centre.
  • Perhaps try a more informal image of the artist.
  • Make the text in the article Arial so it is easier to read and just have the main quotes and title text in the theme font.

No comments:

Post a Comment