Monday 22 October 2012

Mood Boards

This mood board shows my thoughts about actual jazz music and festivals that I took inspiration from. I have some of the artists in there that I looked at in detail, such as Hugh Laurie and Buddy Rich, because they are my favourite jazz musicians and the ones who I based my magazine on. "Pave" is a club that regularly has jazz nights that people can take part in or just listen to and the Hull Jazz Festival is a big event that many people enjoy every year. Both of these events gave me inspiration to make jazz my genre of music and gave me something mention in my magazine - upcoming concerts and events.

This mood board shows specific jazz magazines that I looked at and took inspiration from for my front cover and the kinds of stories I could write about in my double page spread. I am planning to take some of my pictures with my models holding instruments, like the Jazz Times and Jazz Journal magazines seen here. I like the idea of the model holding an instrument as it reinforces the music genre and also the jazz genre. The types of shots used here are all similar, and I have used the same shot for my front cover - a mid shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment